It has come to my attention that the gentleman who is running against Cameron Jones, whose event I reported on here, sent out an email the day after the public Meet and Greet entitled “Emergency – FAUQUIER REPUBLICAN PARTY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!”
This is that email (all underlines and emboldens are as written in original email, with the exception of Mr. Russell’s email address which has been altered to protect his privacy):
|Scott Russell <email@example.com>|
Tomorrow night – Thursday, February 27th – we will be holding an emergency meeting to sign petitions for at-large members for the Fauquier County Republican Committee and delegates for the 5th Congressional District Convention.
Please let me be blunt – there is a movement afoot with certain elements in the county to win all of the committee’s at-large seats and gain a controlling interest in the Fauquier County Republican Committee. These are the folks who have stated publicly that they want to throw EVERY incumbent out and start over. They are also attempting to seize control of the 5th Congressional District Committee.
These folks are motivated – having 70 people show up on Tuesday to sign petitions for the committee. We can and MUST answer them! Please call in every favor you have, call your friend and neighbors, beat the bushes to get people out tomorrow night. We cannot fail or our party – the party of Reagan – will never be the same.
We will meet at from 5-7:00 p.m. tomorrow at:
The Inn at Vint Hill
4200 Aikin Drive
Warrenton, VA 20187
I will have all the paperwork necessary to fill out.
Candidate for Fauquier County Chairman
Needless to say, this email generated many questions. As Scott has lived in Fauquier County for only six or seven months, I have never talked to him, so I called him about this astonishing and rather ominous sounding email. After discovering who I was and that I was calling for the Fauquier Free Citizen, he refused to answer any of my questions.
So, since I am unable report on any answers to these questions, I will print my questions here. If you are planning to vote in the Republican Chairman’s race you may want to personally ask Mr. Russell to answer them for you, off the record of course.
1) What is your position on the proposed property tax increases being discussed by Republican Supervisors?
2) Are you familiar with the 5-year school program called Aspirations 2015 and do you support it?
3) Will the American Spectator be endorsing you?
4) Since you used the title of your email “Emergency – FAUQUIER REPUBLICAN PARTY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!” in a recent email, did you have the authority or permission from the Fauquier Republican Party to speak for them?
5) Who are you referring to when you use the term “certain elements” in the emergency email?
6) Can you help us understand what you mean when you say “the party of Reagan will never be the same?”